Gutuma was born out of the need for free mailing list / newsletter software that is geared, not towards mass-marketing companies and spammers, but web developers who need a system that can be easily integrated with an existing web site. It's very easy to install and use, and doesn't even require a database, but it still has lots of powerful features. Internally, Gutuma uses the tried and tested Swift mailer for sending messages, and the SACK library for AJAX subscribe requests.
- Minimal installation and configuration
- Secure storage of lists with no database required
- Multiple address lists
- Import and export of addresses to and from CSV files
- MD5 protected logins
- Emails sent with both HTML and auto-generated of plain text versions
- Can use SMTP, UNIX Sendmail and PHP mail() and will automatically try another method if one fails
- Wizard for creating subscribe gadgets for your website, including AJAX gadgets
- Newsletters can be saved as drafts
- Batched deliveries - which can be sent using a cron task
- PHP 5+
Gutuma is free open source software released under the GPL version 3 licence. However, if you would like to assist further development of this project please consider making a donation, which will be much appreciated.